Saturday, August 7, 2010

Friendships

On the first day of the program, I was able to see the diversified group which was to be my coworkers. Since the project’s start, I have become friends with most of the participants. I can now say that I have friends throughout the country. Not only am I glad for making new friends, I know that it will be good for my networking in the future. The REU gave me a chance to create good relationships with students and professors. The graduate student that worked with me and the other two undergraduates was very friendly, yet professional.  He was open to any questions we had pertaining to the research, and he provided help whenever it was necessary. Our professor guided us in the research and would be open whenever we had a question. These interactions with students and faculty would not be possible if it was not for the REU. 

No comments:

Post a Comment